Innovative and Non-Traditional Soccer Program Grants
The U.S. Soccer Foundation recently announced changes to Program Grants. Moving forward, the Foundation will focus on one specific category or theme each year. In 2017, the Foundation, will begin accepting applications from organizations that are implementing innovative and/or non-traditional soccer programs in their communities.
Awardees will receive up to a three year-grant of $10,000-$30,000 a year. These grants can be used to purchase soccer equipment and/or cover operating expenses. Awardees will be required to send one person to the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s Urban Soccer Symposium, held in Washington D.C. The Foundation will cover expenses associated with attending the event.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Must operate in the United States. Funding may only go toward programming or projects located in the United States. Organizations that are based in the United States, but only offer programming abroad are not eligible. International organizations may qualify for donations of soccer equipment through the Passback program. Learn more at www.passback.org.
- Must be an organization with IRS approved tax-exempt status at the time of application. Individuals are not eligible to apply for funding.
- Must offer soccer-specific programming directly or through partnerships
- Must meet insurance and grant agreement requirements
- Must run programming consistent with the grant’s theme (innovative and/or non-traditional soccer programs)
Grant Award: $30,000 – $90,000 (dispersed over three years)
- Application Opens – January 5, 2017
- Application Due – February 10, 2017
Questions? Contact Alex Bard, Grants & Compliance Officer,
via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 202-872-6660.