1. Applying for a Safe Places to Play grant is a two-step process. First, you will need to submit a Letter of Interest (LOI) to the U.S. Soccer Foundation's Grants department. Second, if the Foundation approves the LOI, your organization will be invited to complete an official application.
Safe Places to Play LOIs are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. LOIs submitted according to the following schedule will be considered during each grant cycle:
- 2017 Spring Grant Cycle
- Application deadline - February 10, 2017
- LOIs due by Feburary 3, 2017
- 2017 Summer Grant Cycle
- Application deadline - June 2, 2017
- LOIs due by May 26, 2017
- 2017 Fall Grant Cycle
- Application deadline - October 6, 2017
- LOIs due by September 29, 2017
2. As part of your LOI submission, you must obtain and submit an official project quote from the appropriate U.S. Soccer Foundation Corporate Partner(s) relating to your project. Before submitting your LOI, please contact the appropriate partner(s) for your project from the list below. Your request to the appropriate partner(s) should contain specifics of your project such as field measurements, including square footage, timeline, and your organization’s financial capacity and plans for covering the project’s cost beyond the assistance of the Foundation’s grant funding. Please allow a minimum of 15 business days for each corporate partner to return a completed project quote to you. Organizations contacting a corporate partner less than 15 business days prior to an LOI deadline may not be accepted for that particular grant cycle.
- Synthetic Turf: AstroTurf (Anthony DiCicco: email@example.com)
- Lighting: Musco Lighting (Visit http://www.musco.com/soccergrant/ and complete the form)
- Irrigation: Hunter Industries (Lynda Wightman: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sport Court: Sport Court (Joel McCausland:email@example.com)