2019 National Training Details
Thursday, July 11th – Sunday, July 14th
Grand Hyatt Washington
This is a Soccer for Success train-the-trainer event. Participants who complete the National Training will leave:
- Prepared to deliver a certified Soccer for Success Local Training to all coach-mentors in their communities.
- Able to perform Soccer for Success peer-to-peer site visits.
- Empowered as community change agents.
It is recommended that Soccer for Success program partners send participants who meet the following criteria:
– Are consistent and committed leaders within the organization
– Have previous experience with the Soccer for Success program
– Have soccer coaching and/or youth development experience
– Have previous experience with facilitating Local Trainings – returning attendees are welcome!
– Have the desire and ability to work in a team setting
Please consult your grant agreement or contact Javier Ruales to confirm the number of participants your organization is expected to send. Note that there is a high level of physical activity that will take place at National Training, so please ensure your participants are prepared to be active!
The event will take place at the Grand Hyatt Washington in Washington, D.C. The hotel rate is set at $189/night, and the hotel block will close on Monday, June 18th at 5:00 p.m. EST!
A LOOK BACK AT THE 2018 NATIONAL TRAINING
Last year, 25 facilitators led 130 coach-mentors to become certified Soccer for Success trainers. These participants represented 46 organizations.
When asked to rate their overall satisfaction with the event, 97% of last year’s participants said they were “satisfied” or “very satisfied” with the National Training. 98% of trainers also reported that they “felt very motivated to be change-makers in their communities,” and “very prepared to deliver a Soccer for Success local training.”