Over the past several years, Dan has represented the Washington Youth Soccer Association (WYS) as board President. In addition to leading the WYS BOD, he served as an original member of the US Youth Soccer (USYS) Organizational Growth Committee (OGC). He also participated in and led several by-law discussions and initiatives for USYS.
In May 2020, Dan’s tenure ended for the WYS board as his term expired. His experience serving as President for WYS was both challenging – particularly in the current youth soccer landscape – and rewarding in the service of 27 state association member organizations, over 100K youth players and their families, coaches, member clubs, and partners in the referee community.
Dan has been involved in the global technology industry as a Sales and Marketing Executive for the past 26 years, with executive roles in the Microsoft ecosystem and now at T-Mobile US. Prior to that, he spent several years in similar roles in the non-profit spaces of Public Health Promotion and International Cultural/Education.
Dan’s non-profit volunteer servant leadership and board director experience includes:
- Six (6) years Board Director, including four (4) years Board President, Washington Youth Soccer, serving over 100K athletes
- Founder and Past President, Washington Youth Soccer Foundation
- Twelve (12) years Publicly-Elected School Board Director and Board Chair, Snoqualmie Valley Public Schools, overseeing $110M annual operating budget
- Six (6) years Board President for Fall City Little League in E. King County, WA, serving 1,000 athletes
- Advisory Board Member of LifeVision, a non-profit organization providing quality aging adult and end-of-life family support education