In the spirit of #GivingTuesday, we’re asking our supporters to join our 20 x 20 campaign and donate $20 to help us continue impacting the lives of children for another 20 years. Need more reasons to get involved? Check out our list of 20 reasons to donate to the Foundation!
2. In the United States, 1 out of 3 kids between the ages of 2 and 19 is overweight or obese. Only 1 out of 3 kids is physically active every day. Your donation can help us provide programming that combats this challenge.
3. “It’s the world’s game. Everyone plays it in every city, town, village, borough and community globally. Soccer brings the world together.” – Jozy Altidore
4. A full player kit costs just $25. Your donation could give a child a jersey, shin guards, socks and a soccer ball to call his/her very own.
5. Our Passback program brings equipment to kids around the world.
6. According to the Aspen Institute, “there is substantial evidence that physical activity can help improve academic achievement.” Your donation will help give kids a chance to enjoy the benefits of physical activity.
7. These guys. Aren’t they the best?
8. The American College of Sports Medicine reports that soccer training can improve cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure, and increase aerobic fitness.
9. Caring coach-mentors like Oswaldo Gallegos. Your donation helps provide children with a program that gives them awesome coach-mentors like him.
10. Soccer brings people together.
11. Also, Members of Congress in shorts. You can see them play at our Capital Soccer Classic – an event that raises funds to help us use soccer for social change.
12. With a little help, an empty lot can be transformed into a safe place to play.
13. Soccer builds friendship.
14. Sometimes all it takes is something as simple as a uniform to give a kid a sense of belonging.
15. “Leading a healthy lifestyle will allow you to make better, more positive choices and chase your dreams!” –Briana Scurry
16. According to SweetGreen, “more than 90% of children don’t eat enough fruits and vegetables to meet the daily recommended amount.” Our Soccer for Success program teaches children how to make healthy food choices.
17. Because Wilson says it’s fun!
18. A soccer ball can change a child’s life.
19. “Youth programs like Soccer for Success are the only way for some of America’s most vulnerable youth to be active.” –Shellie Pfohl, President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition
20. Because Soccer for Success works.
Pretty solid reasons, right? Join the spirit of #GivingTuesday and support using soccer for social change today!